Registration Procedures of Turkish Citizens
The pre-registration procedures of candidates admitted to our University through the Student Selection and Placement Center (OSYM) are carried out at the Ankara Contact Bureau of the Board of Trustees Office of Student Affairs for Formal Education on the dates announced in September. Final registration procedures are carried out at the Rector’s Office of Student Affairs. Extra documents are not required during final registration.
Required Documents and Procedures for Pre-Registration:
- Completing the Student Information Form given by the Office of Student Affairs
- The original result card of the Student Selection and Placement Exam (OSYS) and its photocopy
- 8 photographs (4,5x6 cm). The photographs must be taken within the last 6 months, must be clear and identifiable with no head covering.
- 2 official documents of residence (newly dated) to be obtained from the Mukhtar’s Office.
- An approved and true birth certificate copy (to be obtained from the Notary) and its photocopy.
- Original diploma last obtained or a newly-dated graduation certificate and its photocopy
- Health Report (to be obtained from a fully-equipped hospital, indicating that the student does not carry a contagious disease or an illness that is very difficult or impossible to treat.)
- Criminal Record (to be obtained from the Prosecutor’s Office)
- Passport photocopy (of the pages including photo and ID details)
- For male candidates who have not completed their military service: a document from the relevant recruiting office stating that the candidate can register at a faculty or institution of higher education.
- For male candidates who have completed their military service: photocopy of the certificate of discharge.
(*) Procedures for Obtaining No-Fee Student Passports
Students admitted to our University may apply to the following offices with an internet result card of the Student Selection and Placement Exam (OSYS) and a birth certificate photocopy in order to obtain a two-year valid “no-fee student passport”:
The Chief Office of Tax Administration (for students residing in cities)
The Revenue Office (if there is no Chief Office of Tax Administration)
The Directorate of Tax Administration (for students residing in towns)
The Revenue Board (if there is no Directorate of Tax Administration)
Procedures for Obtaining a Visa to Study in Kazakhstan
Students who have completed pre-registration should personally apply to the Consular Section of the Embassy of the Republic of Kazakhstan to obtain a student visa.
Ankara Embassy of the Republic of Kazakhstan
İstanbul Consulate General of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Required Documents for Obtaining a Student Visa:
1. Passport (should be valid at least 6 months longer than the expiry date of requested visa).
2. One photograph (3x4) (must be taken within the last 6 months, must be clear and identifiable with no head covering.)
3. Visa application form to be completed by the person applying for a visa.
4. Passports are normally given back 1 week following the date of application.
Visa application dates and hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. 09.00-12.00
Procedures for Travelling to Kazakhstan
An arrangement for transporting students who have made pre-registration from their home countries to Kazakhstan is made by the Office of the Board of Trustees usually in September following the completion of visa and ticket procedures. Students may also travel on their own if they so prefer. Transportation is by plane from Istanbul to Almaty and by bus from Almaty to Cimkent. Travel expenses are covered by the students themselves.
*Travel from Almaty to Turkestan may be either by train or by bus.